How to Get Involved
- Join the College911.net Team by contacting us at Info@College911.net™!
- Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont hosted a ceremonial bill signing on August 26, 2021 at the state capital, underscoring the significance of a new state law effective July 12, 2021- CT Public Act 21-184 “AN ACT REQUIRING THE REPORTING OF ACCIDENTS THAT RESULTED IN SERIOUS PHYSICAL INJURIES OR DEATH AT INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION. During the event, Nanette Hausman, the founder of College911.net™, stated that “the initiative taken by the Connecticut Legislature is monumental and deserves tremendous recognition.” She stressed the importance of the partnering with Connecticut colleges as SB954 moved through the Higher Education Committee and state legislature as evidenced by the support extended by UCONN’s AVP of Public Safety, Hans Rhynhart, through written testimony. In addition, “this state legislation begins the push for essential national change so that students, colleges and public health agencies across the US can benefit from expanding transparency around college safety and the emergency medical care services available in our college communities. On a very personal level, this legislation gives Corey’s life meaning well beyond its way too short 18 years.” Both Governor Lamont and LTG Bysiewicz committed to support extending this legislation to the national level.
- On June 9, 2021 the CT House unanimously agreed to concur with the Senate to pass SB954 into law in Connecticut. We have laid the foundation for bringing more transparency around college safety to other states and across the US via new Federal and State legislation. We need more volunteers to help us to make new connections and lobby for support.
- The Fall 2021 Semester is right around the corner and 911‘s Young Adult Advisory Team is pushing hard to get preparation for medical emergency’s on everyone’s College Checklist. They are also completing research regarding emergency health care facilities associated with our college’s and universities. More advisers and researchers are needed and welcome!
- Sign the Reform Campus Safety Petition (accessible on Landing Page of College911.net™ website) calling for more transparency around College Safety Reporting and 911 Emergency Medical Services to increase accountability and investment.
- Utilize the College911.net Medical Emergency Checklist
- Ask colleges about emergency medical care services and protocol in place
- Share the checklist with others who could benefit from the information
- Share instances of accidents and/or loss of life on college campuses with us at: info@College911.net or find us on facebook.com/college911.net.
- Other Initiatives and information focused on improving campus safety:
- RailAgainstTheDanger-Educates/Promotes/Advocates Lofted Bed Danger & Safety https://railagainstthedanger.org/
- Protect Students Abroad – Prevent College Student Fatalities https://protectstudentsabroad.org/
*Join our email list for more updates/information at: https://college911.net/contact-us/